“Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anatole France
When working on the metro most of us feel the excitement of weekend relaxation and sleep. This weekend we decided to spend it at Pico de Loro Cove and stayed at the Pico Sands Hotel. Because beach time is always a good time.
We booked via Booking.com and got a good discount on room rates.
Upon arriving on the cove entrance, we presented our hotel reservation and waited for the shuttle going to the hotel. We didn't realize how long the ride was as the view of mountains and trees will distract you and remove the concept of time, which what we all wanted when on vacation.
After the check-in we were given a map of the cove, room keys, wifi password and their bracelet tags. The tag is your access to all the facilities/amenities that you can use while staying at the hotel. Don't worry about removing the tag at any time you are not using any facilities, they will replace it on your request at the front desk. We then headed straight to our room to settle our stuff and for Herbert to rest because he works at night.
The room was very spacious with 2 queen beds, complete toiletries, bottled water, tea and coffee, refrigerator and cable channel tv. We also had a great mountain view on the balcony that's perfect for an afternoon tea and a morning coffee.
Lucky for us it was already a bit gloomy when we walked around the Pico de Loro Cove. I could say that the place was best for families but couples can enjoy the serenity too.
The beach is great but it was the ambiance that we appreciated more. It was not crowded and so relaxing that you can lay down on one of the beach chairs to read a book, take a nap or just feel the sea breeze and listen to the waves.
We decided to have a night swim. yey! There was a very light rain by that time but there are lockers available to secure the things that we brought, which was free when you're staying at the hotel.
Where to eat
During our stay we had our meals at the Pico Restaurant and Bar which is located at the lobby of the Pico Sands hotel. Payment for the meals are on checkout and you will just be asked for your room number and you're good.
We both agree that the breakfast buffet was the best.
HOW TO GET THERE
Preferably you can go to Pico de Loro Cove via private car. But if you are not able to, you can commute from Manila via bus. If you are a large group, a third party shuttle can be contacted and rented in Pico Sands hotel to fetch you from Manila but note that they are not always available.
To commute you can either take the bus from Taft or Buendia.
- The BSC-MRT Pasay Taft bus is located at the back of the McDonalds building and the DLTB bus is located at the Buendia Taft Avenue corner Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue.
- When you reach the town proper, you can hire a tricycle to take you to Pico de Loro. They can be negotiated with the price but they're usual rate is Php 200.
- At the Hamilo coast entrance you need to request for a shuttle to take you to the hotel. Shuttle rate is also Php 200.
These bus terminals are both accessible to us but we took the bus from Buendia and unfortunately we were not aware by that time that this take the longer route so we suggest for you to take the bus from Mrt-Taft.
Also check out our experience in Canyon Cove.
Tips and Reminders
- Use waze or google maps to know the route and estimated travel time.
- It is a quiet place, be considerate with other guests.
- There is a free shuttle that takes you around the resort to and from the hotel, beach, and other areas of the resort.
- During your check-in make sure to schedule the shuttle to fetch you on your check-out. They are a third party company and may not be available by the time you check-out.
- Relax, enjoy and make the most of your time.
We would like to hear from you too
- Do you know other "weekend escapade" places to visit near Manila?
- Did you find this post helpful?
- What other aspects would you like to know more about?